- Perth / Perkins original spare parts
- Perkins repair parts inquiry
- Perkins Parts Service Center
- Perkins Parts System Atlas
- Caterpillar .CAT Diesel Engine Parts
- john deerejohn deere accessories
- Mitsubishi Engine Parts Center
- Genuine Volvo diesel engine parts
- Qianglu Diesel Engine Parts Maintenance Technology
- Perkins Technology Center
- Cummins engine generator parts
- Mitsubishi Diesel Engine Generator Maintenance
- Perkins engine parameters
- Perkins / Perkins industrial engines
- The parameters of the British Willson generator set
- Generator Leasing Service Center
- Volvo diesel generator set
- Diesel generator grid-connected and parallel
- Cummins diesel generator set
- Japan Mitsubishi Diesel Generator Set
- Caterpillar generator set
- Generator dual power conversion cabinet ATS
:0574-26871589 Unit sales : 0574-26871589
:0574-26886646 Accessories Sales : 0574-26886646
:0574-26871569 Maintenance Hotline : 0574-26871569
pass :0574-26892499 True : 0574-26892499
Ground : 宁波戚家山联合路 246-252 号 Address : No. 246-252 , Lianhe Road, Qijiashan , Ningbo
John Deere John Deere Diesel Engine Removal and Installation of Camshaft Bushings
Remove and Install Camshaft Bushing with Front Plate Installed
NOTE: A camshaft bushing is installed in front (No. 1) camshaft bore only. The front plate has achamfered edge allowing camshaft bushingremoval and installation with the front plateinstalled.
Remove Camshaft Bushing
1. Set engine at No. 1 TDC compression.
2. On turbocharged engines, disconnect the turbochargeroil inlet line. (See DISCONNECT TURBOCHARGEROILINLET LINE in Group 010.)
3. Remove timing gear cover, as described earlier in thisgroup. (See REMOVE TIMING GEAR COVER in thisgroup.)
4. Remove rocker arm cover and rocker arm assembly. (See REMOVE CYLINDER HEAD in Group 020 or021.)
5. Remove push rods and identify location for reinstallation.
6. On engines with camshaft driven fuel supply pump, see REMOVE FUEL SUPPLY PUMP in Section 02, Group 090 of CTM207 (Mechanical Fuel Systems), REMOVE FUEL SUPPLY PUMP in Section 02, Group090 of CTM331 (Level 12 Electronic Fuel Systems with Stanadyne DE10 Pump ), or REMOVE MECHANICALFUEL TRANSFER PUMP in Section 02, Group 090 ofCTM220 (Level 11 Electronic Fuel Systems with DensoHigh Pressure Common Rail).
7. Revolve engine to an angle where camshaft followers fall away from camshaft or use D15001NU Magnetic Follower Holder Kit (A) to hold followers.
A—Magnetic Follower Holder Kit
8. Remove camshaft. (See REMOVE CAMSHAFT later in this group.)
IMPORTANT: Engine MUST remain in a positionwhere camshaft followers rest against cylinder head or are held in up position by magnetic holders so that followers do not fall into engine crankcase. Ifcamshaft followers fall into crankcase, cylinder head removal will be required.
9. Remove countersunk TORXâ cap screw (A). InstallJDG739-7 (M8 x 1.25) tapered bottom leg (B) fromJDG739B Camshaft Bushing Service Kit into hole thathas chamfered screw and star washer.
IMPORTANT: Block must be replaced if camshaftbore is damaged. Be careful when removing or installing bushing.
10. Install JDG739-8 (M8 x 1.25) flat bottom legs anJDG739-3 Removing / Installing Plate (C) to cylinderblock so plate is parallel with front plate and centeredover camshaft bore. Tighten legs and hex nutssecurely.
IMPORTANT: Cylinder block bore may be damaged ifpuller is not properly piloted in bushing. Be sure puller is properly piloted beforepulling bushing.
11. Insert JDG739-1 Bushing Remover into camshaftbore so puller pilots in bushing ID and JDG739-4Bushing Installer Screw (D) extends through plate.
12. Install thrust washer and hex nut. Tighten hex nutuntil bushing is free of block bore. Remove puller and discard bushing.
13. Clean and inspect bore in cylinder block. If bore isdamaged, replace cylinder block.
Camshaft bushing installation
IMPORTANT: Bushings must be installed so oilsupply hole in bushing aligns with oildrilling in block bore.
1. Mark orientation of oil supply hole (C) on front face ofblock and on bushing to help with bushing alignmentduring installation.
2. Apply TY6333 High-Temperature Grease to ID and ODof new bushing (A), and to ID of bushing bore. Slidebushing onto JDG739-5B Bushing Installer (B) sonotched end of bushing will be toward front end of engine when installed.
3. Thread JDG739-4 Bushing Installer Screw into JDG739-3 Removing / Installing Plate. With bushingstarted, square in bore and oil hole aligned, tightenforcing screw until flange of bushing driver bottomsagainst face of block.
4. Remove bushing tool from cylinder block and check oilsupply hole for correct alignment. If holes are not aligned, remove and discard bushing. Install a newbushing.
Removing and installing camshaft gears
NOTE: Various auxiliary drive options are available; removed and installation of all options are similar. The auxiliary drive is integrated into the enginefront timing gear cover.
1. Remove lube line.
2. Remove auxiliary drive gear cover (A).
3. Clean and inspect cover for cracks or damage.
4. Remove auxiliary drive assembly (B). NOTE: Auxiliary drive assembly is repairable. Refer to CTM67, OEM Accessories, for additional service information.
5. Inspect for cracked housing, worn or damagedbearings, damaged gear or spline.
6. Repair or replace auxiliary drive assembly as needed.
7. Install gasket on auxiliary drive assembly and position in the cylinder block plate. Install cap screws and tighten to specifications.
Auxiliary Drive-to-Cylinder Block
Plate--Torque ........................ ... 95 Nm (70 lb-ft)
8. Install cover and tighten cap screws or nuts tospecifications.
Auxiliary Drive Cover Plate—Torque ............ .................. 55 Nm (41 lb-ft)
9. Install lube line.
Measure Camshaft End Play
Measure camshaft end play.
Camshaft—End Play .............. 0.08—0.23 mm (0.003—0.009 in.)
If end play is excessive, check thrust plate thickness with camshaft removed. (See MEASURE CAMSHAFTTHRUST PLATE CLEARANCE AND THICKNESS, later in this group.)
Measure Balancer Shaft End Play (IfEquipped—4-Cylinder Engines)
Measure balancer shaft end play.
Balancer Shaft—End Play ... 0.05—0.26 mm (0.002—0.010 in.)
If balancer shaft end play exceeds specifications, checkthrust plate thickness. (See INSPECT BALANCER SHAFTGEARS AND THRUST PLATES, later in this group.)
Measure Idler Gear End Play
Check end play of upper and lower idler gears.
Upper Idler Gear—End Play 0.070—0.170 mm (0.0027—0.0066 in.)
Lower Idler Gear—End Play 0.070—0.330 mm (0.0027—0.0129 in.)
If idler gear end play does not meet specifications, checkidler gear, idler shaft, and thrust washer for wear. (SeeMEASURE IDLER GEAR BUSHING AND SHAFT later in this group.)